Thursday, November 08, 2007

SCC #3, #4, #5

Ok, I've been really lazy in posting. Basically until this last week, I haven't felt too good about my racing results.

SCC #3 was at Kelly Creek Farms. Warm dry and fast with no run ups. It favored the stronger riders. I managed 13/66.

SCC #4 was at Fort Steilacoom Park near Tacoma. It has reportedly the biggest run up in the US. Again it was dry and fast, but at least there was the run up. Of course with a big run up, comes a big descent. There was a rutted corner where my computer showed we were doing 25mph going into a 180 degree turn. I narrowly missed hitting Jason as he slid out in the corner both dislocating and breaking his ankle. Ouch. At the finish I did have a fun time sling shotting out of the last grass corner onto the pavement passing a guy who happened to look back right to see where I was as I went around on his left. I managed 13/54. What's up with 13th!

SCC #5 was at Donida farms. I finally felt good and managed to hold first place for the first half a lap before fading back a bit. There was a good muddy section through the woods that helped me a lot. I pulled off my first top 10 finish since Snohomish finishing 8/60. There was also a photographer there to snap a photo of me coming into the solo barrier in first place. It's a sweet photo because if you look behind me and to the right you can see our team tent with our sponsor, Therapeutic Associates banner flying.




Date: November 4
Mileage: 12
Ride type/Bike: Race/Tricross
Nov. Miles: 33
Year to date mileage: 2300

Date: November 2
Mileage: 21
Ride type/Bike: Road/Allez
Nov. Miles: 21
Year to date mileage: 2288

Date: October 25
Mileage: 12
Ride type/Bike: Race/Tricross
Oct. Miles: 74
Year to date mileage: 2267

Date: October 23
Mileage: 12
Ride type/Bike: Double track/Tricross
Oct. Miles: 62
Year to date mileage: 2255

Date: October 21
Mileage: 9
Ride type/Bike: Cross Race/Tricross
Oct. Miles: 50
Year to date mileage: 2243

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home