Monday, September 10, 2007

Improvement

I have a 9.3 mile double track loop that I regularly use for training. It's got about 830 feet of rolling hill climbs and it's great for getting the heart rate up. I've been riding it since the mid 90's. I remember when I first started riding it, I'd take aver 50 minutes, and then I'd be cramping up pretty bad the rest of the day. I remember when I got my first clipless pedals and started cranking it out in 44 minutes. I thought I was doing pretty well. Over the last year I had brought my personal best down to just under 35 minutes and I thought that was probably where it would stop. I rode it Thursday in 33:08, taking another 90 seconds off my personal best. I think a lot of the increase was due to doing it on my cross bike with some 35mm Schwalbe Racing Ralph's. Of course I guess I'm in better shape too. Now I just need to get off my butt and do some interval training before my cross season starts on the 30th.

Date: Sept 7
Mileage: 20
Ride type/Bike: Road/Allez
Sept Miles: 72
Year to date mileage: 2044

Date: Sept 6
Mileage: 12
Ride type/Bike: LYL/Tricross - Record
Sept Miles: 52
Year to date mileage: 2024

Date: Sept 3
Mileage: 5
Ride type/Bike: Road/Bridgestone
Sept Miles: 40
Year to date mileage: 2012

Date: Sept 1
Mileage: 35
Ride type/Bike: Rail trail- Road/Tricross
Sept Miles: 35
Year to date mileage: 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home