Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bad Motos!

Most days I'm a fan of multi use trails. Monday was not one of those days. Riding up Devil's Gulch was very nice. Not a car in the parking lot and not another person in sight. I took my time and took in the views during the 3500' climb. About 10 miles later I started down the Mission Ridge trail. It was sandy and a bit torn up, but I expected that. I'm hitting it kind of late in the season for multi use trail. Further down I was really disappointed in what I found. There is a fairly open tree filled slope that has some awesome "S" curves to carve down if you hit this trail at the right time of year. Well, not only were those blown out by motorcycles, but there were deep ruts and tracks up and down the entire face of the slope. It was torn to hell.

I know it was probably just one idiot, but boy can one idiot with a 125cc motor do a lot of damage.

Date: Aug 13
Mileage: 18
Ride type/Bike: Mountain/Pisgah
Aug Miles: 158
Year to date mileage: 1761

Date: Aug 9
Mileage: 35
Ride type/Bike: Road-Rail-Trail/Tricross
Aug Miles: 140
Year to date mileage: 1743

Date: Aug 8
Mileage: 23
Ride type/Bike: Road/Allez
Aug Miles: 105
Year to date mileage: 1708

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Motor Bikes suck. It's a oxymoron anyway.

Z

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home