Sunday, June 03, 2007

Paying the Tire Gods

I showed Joel my quick 20 mile loop on Saturday. We tooled around for the first half, then hammered the second half for what was pretty close to my personal best. He suggested I come out to North Bend to ride Sunday so I took him up on it. I decided that in prep for getting beaten up by him again and for my climbing in Hood River next weekend, I ought to put on some faster tires. Off came the bullet proof Schwalbe Marathon XR's and on came the Stevilo's. They felt so fast. I was living it up.... Right until I hit that little piece of glass. @$#%@%$! Oh well, I've got 8000 feet of climbing to do next weekend and my fat ass needs some light tires for that. Afterwards they come back off in preparation for some fun bike camping.

Speaking of bike camping, we passed some folks coming home from bike camping today. One of them was our local hero Kent Peterson, holder of the single speed GDR record. I got to say a very quick hello, but that was about it as I was rapidly loosing Joel in the distance.

Date: June 3
Mileage: 35
Ride type/Bike: Road/Tricross
June Miles: 85
Year to date mileage: 1087

Date: June 2
Mileage: 20
Ride type/Bike: Road/Tricross
June Miles: 50
Year to date mileage: 1052

Date: June 1
Mileage: 30
Ride type/Bike: Railtrail-Road/Tricross
June Miles: 30
Year to date mileage: 1032

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home