Sunday, May 13, 2007

Not giving up

I'm sick because I didn't get to go ride Kokopelli's trail, but also glad I didn't. Turns out I was allergic to the first antibiotic they put me on and it gave me horrendous headaches. The third night I had been taking them, I woke up twice dreaming about head aches! I switched antibiotics, and by the 7th was feeling better. Then the sun came out and I had to ride. My Pisgah looked so pretty with it's new Corsa fork, I had to take it out. Big mistake. Hit the locak trails, felt soooooo good to be out on dirt, banking through the turns and the trees. Then I just about missed a corner. Didn't crash, but to avoid it I had to jerk my torso really hard. OUCH. Re injured the ribs and haven't been able to sleep well since. My wife thinks I'm insane and is about ready to trade me in. Ah life! It beats the hell out of the alternative!

Thursday Keith and I rode our normal 20 mile loop. The ribs were sore, and Keith made me hurt, so yesterday I got him back and broke out my old Allez. Man does that thing feel fast compared with my tricross. Of course that's probably just because the tires a much faster/lighter, and I'm considerably more stretched out. Anyway I felt fast and had a swell time despite the ribs. I have resigned myself to staying off the mountain bike for this month at least. I really want to heal all the way up.


Date: May 12
Mileage: 20
Ride type/Bike: Road/Allez
May Miles: 86
Year to date mileage: 862

Date: May 10
Mileage: 34
Ride type/Bike: Road-Rail Trail-Pipeline/Tricross
May Miles: 66
Year to date mileage: 842

Date: May 9
Mileage: 20
Ride type/Bike: Road/Tricross
May Miles: 32
Year to date mileage: 808

Date: May 7
Mileage: 12
Ride type/Bike: Mtn./ Pisgah
May Miles: 12
Year to date mileage: 788

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home